Morrison announced last week a ban on passenger flights from India until May 15, and also said that there would be no special concessions for Australian players in India.
Slater, who has been commenting on the ongoing IPL, accused the Australian prime minister of “blood on his hands” and called the travel ban a “disgrace.”
“If our government cares about the safety of Australians, they will let us go home. It’s a shame !! Blood on your hands in the afternoon. How dare you treat us this way. How about the quarantine system. I got permission from the government for that. I work on IPL but have now Governmental neglect, “Slater tweeted.
Meanwhile, Cricket Australia’s interim CEO Nick Hockley said there are no immediate plans to arrange charter flights to bring back Australian players once the Indian Premier League (IPL) ends on May 30th.
“There is no suggestion at the moment for any charter flight. We are working closely and talking closely with the ACA (Australian Cricket Players Association), with players and with BCCI (Cricket Board of Control India) to make sure everyone is well, it happened. People are fully informed, “Hockley told SEN Radio, cricket.com.au reported.
“We have been in contact with the players there and they are generally in good spirits. The work that BCCI has done on the (biologically safe) bubble means that they feel safe and secure, and to whom we spoke in general are planning to fulfill their commitment to play. The Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry has come out and said that it is She understands and wants to support the players in making sure they finally get home safely. ”
Speaking further on the IPL, Hockley said: “The tournament doesn’t end until May 30th, so it’s monitoring the situation right now, and as we approach the end of the tournament, we’ll need to know where the situation is.