May 10, 2021

Premium Newspaper

The Premium News Provider

Promoters Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury provide promising updates on contract talks


Eddie Hearn insisted that fighting fans would “get an announcement next week” regarding Anthony Joshua’s heavyweight confrontation with Tyson Fury.

Matchroom Boxing promoter works tirelessly to get a deal across the line and was doing so in the face of recent suspicions by US Fury promoter Bob Arum, who claimed the fight was “dead in the water”.

Hearn responded by saying that Arum had “lost the plot” and had now reaffirmed his firm belief that the fight would take place this summer, after Frank Warren confirmed that discussions about the fight were moving forward.

“I heard from Frank Warren last night, who said quite correctly, last night we received the contract from the Middle East,” Hearn said. Sky Sports Box Office at. Saturday .



Eddie Hearn says the case of Joshua v. Fury should be announced next week
Eddie Hearn says the case of Joshua v. Fury should be announced next week

“The attorneys of all parties need to go through this matter and make sure they are happy with it.

“But all systems are going. This battle continues, this battle is underway. As I told everyone last week, back and forth with the drafts.”

“I think you’ll receive an announcement next week. I don’t know what else to tell you.

I saw Bob Arum’s comments, “The battle is dead.” I don’t know where that came from.

“We know what we’re doing and that is now recognized by the other side, which is nice.”



Frank Warren confirmed that the Tyson Fury camp had now received an offer for the contract
Frank Warren confirmed that the Tyson Fury camp had now received an offer for the contract

Every Monday we make our judgment about the weekend fights and, most importantly, what’s next for the winners and the losers.

Registration is easy, just click on this link, enter your email address and select “Boxing” from the menu.

There were concerns that Hearn’s plan was starting to unravel when Arum claimed that it would take months for contract details to be agreed on both sides, with those behind the site offering from Saudi Arabia taking due diligence.

But Hearn quickly dismissed his comments, criticizing Arum’s “irrational behavior” as “volatile”.

Warren – who is also promoting Fury – had also questioned the event earlier this week when he stated that he had not received an offer, but has since moved to assuage any concerns.

We got something from the other side, Warren said.

. “A contract we’re all reviewing, show.

Mirror Sport prides itself in solidarity with everyone who faces online hate and discrimination.

Our sports social media accounts will be silent from 3 PM on Friday April 30 until midnight on Monday May 3.

We stand with football against hate.

You can still get the latest news by visiting Mirror.co.uk/sport or get email updates on the daily top stories by subscribing to our newsletter.

“A proposed contract that we are reviewing. Obviously we will look into it and hope we can agree on the terms. That’s what we all want.”

Hearn added that he expected the negotiations to move to the next stage on Sunday evening, before announcing: “Now, Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua are at the peak of their careers.

“You will fight that battle after that, and you get it for the undisputed World Championship. We can’t move any faster.”