Golfing, Adventure sports, Thai Boxing, Bar-hopping, Entertainment, Spa with grooming and Self-drive road trips add a true sense of delight for vacationers. Here’s a list of Top 10 activities for men, whether you travel solo or with your core group…
1. Golfing is fun: In Thailand, a growing number of vacationers plan golf holidays tailor-made for their group. An amazing way to spend your day in the vast greens amidst exceptional golf club amenities. You can play golf and also do some golf shopping. Thailand enjoys year-round warm weather, over 200 courses, location diversity, and well-trained caddies along with accommodation options guaranteed for every vacationer’s budget. You must check out some premier golf courses like Blue Canyon Country Club in Phuket, Chee Chan Golf Resort in Pattaya, Lanna Golf Course in Chiang Mai and many more. Go ahead and swing the iron and put it away, rake your bunkers and achieve impressive handicaps (golfing term).
2. Bachelor Parties: A famous hotspot for bachelor parties for Indians since many years now, Thailand has always extended a warm welcome for some entertaining themes of bachelor parties. Pattaya has popular full stack bars, discos where music dominates the scene and foam parties with entertainment for select age-group as an added attraction. Phuket is known for some upmarket beachside villas for thematic bachelor parties. Phuket party bus is also a big hit as it offers comfortable leather seating, great music, mini bar and entertainers dancing along, much like a nightclub on wheels.
3. Bar Hopping: Many visitors enjoy exceptional vibe of rooftop bars and street bars in Bangkok’s Khao San Road. Mingle around to witness the buzzing nightlife in the vibrant local Thai trendy ThongLor area. In Bangkok, you can check out award-winning entries of 50 Best Bars of Asia including The Bamboo Bar at Mandarin Oriental; Backstage Cocktail Bar; Rabbit Hole, Teens of Thailand and Smalls.
4. Grooming (Aesthetic): Living the good life comes with its expectations and looking fabulous is one such wish. In Bangkok and Phuket, check out some leading salons that have international products for signature treatment of hair, skin with manicure and pedicure.
5. Time for Spa: When the entire day is spent in exploration and road trips, you can conclude your day with a refreshing and relaxing spa. The concept of spas in Thailand has evolved with fully integrated health and wellness centers that are a big hit with men. Choose from winners of Thailand Tourism Awards including: Rati Lanna Riverside Spa Resort, Chiang Mai; Cool Spa, Phuket; Divana Virtue Spa, Bangkok; Wareerak Hot Spring Retreat, Krabi; Amalaya Spa, Surat Thani amongst others. Popular choices with men include the Absolute Wellbeing Massage, body-pampering Spa, Medical Spa, Royal Thai Massage, Hot Herbal Compress and Thai Foot Massage and more.
6. Self-drive holidays: Thailand driving guidelines are similar to that of India with right hand drive. Fabulously well-connected internal roads inside Thailand that can enable visitors to explore the true beauty of Thailand on a self-drive holiday. With many options for services facilities though-out the journey, a self-drive is replete with great culinary options, good weather and friendly local.
Rent a car or a bike on hire and opt for a self-drive holiday to visit Unesco Sites of Ayutthaya and Si Satchanalai Park. You can also try the ‘Fly-Drive’ option where you could drive to Chiang Mai in the north and then fly back to Bangkok. Enjoy a city tour in your self-driven car across city landmarks of Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket or zip on the roads at night to explore Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.
7. As part of grooming, some good options for tailoring formal suits are worth exploring while you are on a visit to Thailand. People travel from all over the world to have their suits custom made in Thailand. Use the opportunity to have affordable luxury bespoke suits made by professional tailors. Great style choices with wide selection of high quality fabrics, unlimited customizations with finest workmanship.
8. Learn Muay Thai (Thai Boxing): The world-renowned martial art form of ‘Muay Thai’ is a workout that toughens the limbs and controls the mind and has global recognition.
You can make plans to witness the annual World Wai Kru Muay Thai ceremony in Ayutthaya. You will be amazed to see Muay
Thai practitioners from around the world coming here to express heartfelt gratitude to their masters with the Wai Kru ceremony. When you relax in the spectacular resort islands of Phuket and Koh Samui, enroll for special Thai Boxing sessions and enjoy personalized attention at your own pace.
9. Yachting time: When you visit Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket or Krabi, go ahead and rent a slick high-end yacht or just sit back as a passenger on one to explore the high seas.High on suggestion is a visit to Phang Nga Bay. Here, you can charter a boat or yacht and luxuriously explore the island life of Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta and Koh Kai. Make some friends, raise a toast and don’t forget to take pictures.
10. Water sports: Coastal adventure is so lively in Thailand that no visit is complete without exploring some water sports. With good infrastructure, safe equipment and well-trained experts leading the way, you can try Surf and Stand-up Paddle Board, Scuba Diving, Sea Kayaking, Water Rafting, Sailing, Kiteboarding, Jet Skiing and cruising on a boat.