May 10, 2021

Premium Newspaper

The Premium News Provider

Harvey Weinstein is due to be extradited to Los Angeles on 11 other sexual offense counts


Harvey Weinstein is due to be extradited to Los Angeles within 30 days to face further charges of rape and sexual assault.

The disgraced movie mogul, who is currently serving a 23-year prison sentence in Buffalo, New York, appeared before a judge on Friday morning (April 30) in a virtual hearing. Erie County Judge Kenneth Case indicated that Weinstein will be dispatched to Los Angeles on May 30.

The only way Weinstein would avoid extradition is if New York Governor Andrew Cuomo intervened or if Weinstein’s lawyers successfully challenged the arrest.

The judge reportedly said during Friday’s hearing, “We don’t need to go back.” “He has 30 days to appeal the arrest or make the governor refuse the transfer.”

Weinstein’s attorney Norman Evman told the judge he would file the papers during that time period, a move that would require another court appearance to discuss extradition.

Evman reportedly said: “I can tell you that I intend to file a file and will do so as soon as possible.”

to me The Los Angeles TimesIn Los Angeles, Weinstein faces four counts of forced rape, four counts of forced oral intercourse, two counts of sexual beating, and one count of forcible penetration related to the alleged assaults on five women from 2004 to 2013.

Earlier in April, Evman said his client did not want him delivered yet due to his health problems requiring medical attention. He said he was “scheduled to do some dental procedures to save his teeth – he has lost, I think, four at this point.”

Weinstein was found guilty in February 2020 of third-degree rape and criminal sexual act. He was sentenced the following month to 23 years in prison.

Weinstein’s legal team indicated his intention to appeal shortly after the verdict appeared in February. Weinstein’s lawyer, Donna Rotoneau, told the press at the time that his legal team “will never resume,” adding that “the fight is not over yet.”

The former film producer has denied all allegations of involuntary sex.